Eating out and drinking locally
Many restaurants and bars offer a wide selection of food, generally of very good quality and reasonably priced. Most restaurants offer a basic menu del dia that is a complete meal for as little as 8 -12 Euros, although you can spend much more on local a-la-carte. At busy fiesta times and on days when some restaurants are closed it is advisable to book in advance.
In Orba itself - Restaurants and bars
- Awraba (the ancient Moorish way of spelling "Orba"), is right in the centre of town on Calle Mayor. It has an al fresco area for dining during the summer months
- El Quijote is just out of Orba on the road between Benidoleig and Ondara; it offers entertainment on some evenings
- Hostal des Arcades has now re-opened, except Sunday
- La Placa (website www.orbahostalplaza.com - external link) is situated in the main square and offers a warm welcome and a good meal
- On the Calle Mayor you will find Bar El Carrer - this bar has has Internet facilities
- Next door you'll find Central Perk, another bar, does great English breakfasts
- Bar Escales is located in the main plaza, owned by the same people as la Placa
- An English bar called Cheers is located on Avenida des Americas
- A bar named Cal Xon is to be found just out of the village near to the Natura newsagents and gift shop
A short walk out of the village
The satellite village of Orbeta, a short evening stroll away, offers a further three restaurants.
- The Forn Vell which is converted from an old ceramic oven is run by an English family, and offers popular fish-and-chip nights, karaoke and live music on some evenings
- The Sancho Panza is situated adjacent to the Forn Vell and offers a more exclusive (some might say "up-market") cuisine and ambience
- Also nearby you'll find the Venta del Vi offering a more Spanish style cuisine
Short drives away
- The nearby Tosmos Restaurante offers a traditional Spanish experience - good for lunchtime food especially, and worth a try for entertainment on Saturday night
- El Portet, offers specialities of paella, fresh fish and meat. This restaurant is two kilometres out of Orba, on the road to Parcent.
- Cavall Verd. This restaurant can be found by taking the Fontilles road out of Orba. Drive up the hill until you see the restaurant signposted, between Campell and Fleix. It offers great views over Orba and out to Denia, Javea and the sea.
- Alahuar Hotel. Further on up the hill, past the village of Benimaurell, is the Alahuar Hotel, again with great views. The food is very well prepared and presented.
- Drive up to the top of Carrer Azagador hill to the El Cantaro which specialises in German cuisine, offering excellent meat dishes and pizzas
- Try El Molino in Sagra (English) - about 3 miles or so across the valley
- Alcalali offers numerous restaurants. We recently tried Restaurante Pepe which was excellent, great portions (especially the lamb - fantastic) and good value
- Jalon, Benidoleig and Parcent also offer a wide range of options.
If you know us just give us a call!